5 December 2018
Esprit Investor Day 2018
– Our Way Forward
On Monday, 26 November, Esprit had an Investor Day in Hong Kong. CEO Anders Kristiansen presented the new strategic plan, together with Dr Raymond Or (Executive Chairman), Thomas Tang (Chief Financial Officer), Simon Heckscher (Head of Marketing), Jan Olsen (Regional Chief Executive Officer APAC). The event was attended by various analysts and investors, and streamed by live broadcast from the Esprit website. The event was covered widely in the press in Hong Kong and worldwide.
The main elements of the strategy presented are:
- Esprit – an iconic brand. Esprit is an iconic brand with an amazing history and is still loved in our core markets. Esprit is not fast fashion, Esprit is not a discounter. We are a brand.
- Radical positivity. Our time is now. Esprit’s brand purpose is to deliver joy to our customers. We want to be known for our products and experiences that lift the spirit. We will achieve this with an attitude of radical positivity that will changes mindsets.
- Loving our customer. We will love and inspire our new and existing customers. We are enhancing the benefits of the Friends program to build engagement and build an even stronger Esprit community.
- Quality, always. We are working on a uniquely Esprit product. The teams are working on adjusting the collection balance, and developing signature product classes, like pants, t-shirts and sweaters. As a priority, we are focusing on improving our quality and fit. It is about quality, always.
- Companywide focus on wholesale. Wholesale will be playing a central role in our business. In-season capsules, an excellent NOOS program and a better service model such as a digital ordering tool are to ensure that we provide the best products, and the best service in the market.
These are just some of the initiatives that are already underway. For the complete presentation and further information please visit our Investor Day page.